Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What a week so far

Geez what a week. Last week I found out that the Edmonton Viterra eleavtor complex (Originally a UGG) was being torn down, so myself and a friend ran up there to get some great shots of the one that was left standing, although it will be down sometime this week.

Then this morning... I got some terrible news. The Fleming, Saskatchewan old Lake of the Woods elevator (which is Canada's oldest standing elevator) burnt to the ground early on Tuesday (Feb 9) morning. I did get some photos from a fellow I met on line from there... and they are horrific. I will have them on the Sask site sometime tomorrow. http://web.me.com/difdbs/Vanish_W_Sask/Welcome.html

Ugh... at least I have a card stock model of the elevator, and am planning on working on the Edmonton complex as well.