This blog will show information on Jim Pearson's project on the vanishing grain elevators of the Canadian Prairie Provinces.
Sunday, February 19, 2006
Located virtually on the southern city limits of Calgary, DeWinton is on the CP line which run south of Calgary to Aldersyde. DeWinton originally had 3 elevators, but one was torn down in 1936 and rebuilt in High River. The remaining two were owned by UGG, and are now owned by Diamond Fertilzer and Catl-Lac Feeds Ltd.